General > Plumbers & Heating Engineers
Plumbers & Heating Engineers
Useful Information on Plumbing & Heating
Go Here If You Are Looking For A Plumber or Heating Engineer
Plumbing is one of the vital systems of the home, and good plumbers are in demand.If you are renovating or building a new house it is worth, taking the time to get the appropriate plumbing systems installed because this can save a lot of money and inconvenience in the future. Of course, plumbing can also encompass maintenance and repair, especially if you have a leaking pipe, tap or even a ruptured pipe. A good plumber can undertake all the plumbing projects around your house and restore your systems to perfect working order.
Types of Plumbing
There are several types of plumbing that fall under the blanket term, including drainage, gasfitting, mechanical services plumbing, roof plumbing, sanitary plumbing, and water plumbing. The four main areas, however, are water, drainage, gasfitting and sanitary and these are regulated by state authorities. Following is a brief explanation of the different types of plumbing:
· Drainage - involves installing, repairing and maintaining pipes and fittings associated with stormwater and waste removal.
· Gasfitting - involves installing, disconnecting, maintaining and repairing pipes and fittings associated with gas systems. It is vital that you use a plumber who is Corgi registered before contracting him to do any gas work
· Mechanical Services Plumbing - involves installing, maintaining and repair of pipes and fittings associated with the heating and cooling systems of buildings (i.e. airconditioners, central heating)
· Roof plumbing - the installation, maintenance and repair of guttering, downpipes and other systems associated with the removal of rainwater.
· Sanitary plumbing - the installation, maintenance and repair of pipes and fittings associated with the removal of sewage from the home.
· Water plumbing - simply means the installation, maintenance and repair of pipes and fittings that convey hot and cold water to the home.
Role of a Plumber
Plumbers may carry out the following tasks:
· replacing old plumbing
· unblocking drains - sewerage or stormwater
· installing and repairing toilets
· installing hot water systems and repairing broken systems
· installing and repairing sinks and taps
· repairing burst water pipes
· repairing leaks
· detecting leaks in both water and gas systems
· installing and repairing gutters and drainpipes
· backflow testing
Plumbing professionals are necessary in any renovation or installation of the bathroom, kitchen, laundry or other wet areas. They can also install gas systems, whether it is for cooking or for your hot water system.
Selecting a Plumber
When selecting a plumber, there are some things to consider. Firstly, does the plumber provide a 24 hour emergency service? Emergencies such as blockages and ruptured pipes do happen and it is important to be covered just in case. Also get several quotes on your project. Ask to see the plumber's license and qualifications and if it's a large project, ensure that the plumber has the correct insurances.Again if any work involves Gas you must use a Corgi registered tradesman.
We hope this information and our trade directory will help you to find good plumbers in Aberdeenshire and Angus.
Copyright ©2018 Find Tradesmen. All Rights Reserved.
Website created and managed by Webecom Marketing